Join us for a book discussion of Susan Ware's Why they marched : untold stories of the women who fought for the right to vote. This book discussion will center around the following chapters:
- Prologue: A Walk Through Suffrage History [pg.1]
- Sister-Wives and Suffragists [pg. 41]
- Ida Wells-Barnett and the Alpha Suffrage Club [pg. 99]
- How it Feels to Be the Husband of a Suffragette [pg. 137]
- Cartooning with a Feminist Twist [pg. 223]
- Tennessee's "Perfect 36" [pg. 265]
- Epilogue: "Leaving All to Younger Hands" [pg. 279]
Read outside of your comfort zone and join fellow library-goers for engaging discussions of mystery, crime, science-fiction, fantasy, western, classics, and more -- a diverse selection of books to help you discover what you never knew you were missing until you discovered it in Fiction Addiction! Our book club meets on the first Tuesday of each month from 11 am-12 pm in the Peninsula Center Library Purcell room.
Please contact Deb at email@example.com or 310.377.9584 ext. 217 for more information or to subscribe to the e-mail newsletter for Fiction Addiction.